Associate Scientist/Scientist, Plant Biology
What You’ll Do?
As an Associate Scientist/Scientist for Plant Biology, you will serve Oerth Bio as an innovative, inquisitive, and motivated leader with strong problem-solving and analytical skills. Your focus will be to optimize plant cultivation and perform assays to assess the effects of PROTACs on important plant traits within the Plant Biology and Physiology team. This position requires the ability to flourish in a fast paced, fluid ag-tech and collaborative environment.
Who You Are
- You have a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree + 2-3 years of work experience in Plant Biology or a related discipline.
- You have experience managing and optimizing plant growth and development in a research environment.
- You are comfortable with developing and implementing plant assays to profile novel compounds and assess biochemical and phenotypic responses.
- Additional experience with fungal species is highly preferred.
- You are able to easily collaborate with other groups to drive research and development improvements.
- You find it enjoyable to define and implement best practices in research and operational protocols.
- You are proficient with data analysis and curation and have experience using data analysis software (GraphPad Prism, Excel, etc).
- You can speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- You have the ability to effectively manage multiple shifting priorities and deliverables and meet aggressive deadlines within an entrepreneurial work setting.
- You are a motivated and organized critical thinker with solid interpersonal and business communication skills.
Why Oerth Bio?
Oerth Bio (pronounced "Earth"), a joint venture between Bayer and Arvinas, is a well-funded early-stage agricultural biotechnology company. The Oerth Bio team is on a mission to deliver an entirely new model for global crop chemistry, addressing one of the greatest challenges facing the world: sustainably feeding the growing global population.
Farmers and consumers urgently need new crop protection tools. Oerth Bio leverages Avinas’ PROTAC® (PROteolysis TArgeting Chimera) protein degrader technology to create innovative and sustainable agricultural products. Our proprietary Targeted Protein Degradation platform can sustainably solve major challenges facing the global food system.
Oerth Bio’s headquarters is located in vibrant downtown Durham, NC close to many shops, restaurants and public transportation. The holder of this position is not expected to travel significantly.
This position will be located in the Durham, NC headquarters and will report to the Senior Scientist, Plant Biology and Physiology.
Oerth Bio, LLC is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws.