What You’ll Do
As a lab manager, you will act as the leader of the Biology & Chemistry wet labs in operations and process-orientation to monitor processes, track routines, and maintain needed supplies. This individual is a critical member of the lab team through planning and implementing operational processes, maintaining and ordering equipment, and developing and ensuring compliance with policies. Rules, and regulations processes.
Who You Are
- You hold a BS degree in Science-related area with meaningful experience in data collection
- You have demonstrable experience in wet lab and lab management,
- You possess outstanding organizational skills, can effectively balance multiple priorities, and manage the demands of simultaneous processes while still operating with a sense of urgency and thoroughness
- You are able to maintain the lab, including:
- Maintaining clear communication across all lab employees,
- Ensuring laboratory processes are clearly defined and followed,
- Keeping a systematic electronic and physical inventory of consumables, reagents, and Oerth proprietary compounds, plasmids, cell lines, eliminating obsolete supplies
- Preparing and sterilizing reagents (media, buffer, etc.)
- Developing relationships with vendors for quotes to obtain capital equipment and supplies, and
- Developing and continuously improving safety policies, including the maintaining and servicing of safety equipment, chemical and bio-hazardous waste processes
- Setting up processes and keeping track of routines excite you!
- You understand and can lean in on the bench when needed.
- Additionally, if you’re able to run routine methods/assays, you’re the preferred candidate for this job!
Oerth Bio (pronounced "Earth"), a joint venture between Bayer and Arvinas, is a well-funded early-stage agricultural biotechnology company. The Oerth Bio team is on a mission to deliver an entirely new model for global crop chemistry, addressing one of the greatest challenges facing the world: sustainably feeding the growing global population.
Farmers and consumers urgently need new crop protection tools. Oerth Bio leverages Avinas’ PROTAC® (PROteolysis TArgeting Chimera) protein degrader technology to create innovative and sustainable agricultural products. Our proprietary Targeted Protein Degradation platform can sustainably solve major challenges facing the global food system.
Oerth Bio’s headquarters is located in vibrant downtown Durham, NC close to many shops, restaurants and public transportation. The holder of this position is not expected to travel significantly.
This position will be located in the Durham, NC headquarters and will report to the Senior Director, Biology.
Oerth Bio, LLC is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws.