What You’ll Do?
As the Cell Biology Associate Scientist, you will serve Oerth Bio as an innovative, inquisitive, and motivated team player with strong problem-solving and analytical skills. This person will ideally have hands-on experience with science and keeping a lab running while supporting research efforts. You will run primary and secondary screens for established assays while following SOPs and troubleshooting experiments. This person also contributes to continual assay and process improvement, as well as assisting with related experiments as needed. This position requires taking over routine cell culture duties, including maintaining and banking cell lines, assisting with lab equipment maintenance, and maintaining electronic and physical reagent inventories. This individual requires the ability to flourish in a fast paced, fluid, and collaborative ag-tech environment.
Who You Are:
- You have at least a B.S. 1-3 yr or M.S. 1+ yr.
- You have experience with cell-based assays using plate readers or other higher-throughput approaches.
- You have previous cell culture experience and excellent aseptic technique.
- You are comfortable with automation and working in a BSL2 lab.
- You have experience with ELN data entry.
- You have experience with molecular biology and cloning.
- Additional immunoassay experience (Western, ELISA, or similar) is preferred.
- Statistical analysis experience with Graphpad or similar software is preferred.
- You are proficient with Microsoft Office and/or Smartsheet.
- You are a motivated and organized critical thinker who is accurate and precise with record keeping.
- You have a desire to learn new techniques and approaches, and continually improve processes and assays.
- You can speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, demonstrate group presentation skills.
- You have the ability to manage multiple priorities and deliverables with changing goals and aggressive deadlines.
- You find it enjoyable to work independently but can also work closely with team members and communicate with outside groups.
- You have solid interpersonal and business communication skills.
Why Oerth Bio?
Oerth Bio (pronounced "Earth"), a joint venture between Bayer and Arvinas, is a well-funded early-stage agricultural biotechnology company. The Oerth Bio team is on a mission to deliver an entirely new model for global crop chemistry, addressing one of the greatest challenges facing the world: sustainably feeding the growing global population.
Farmers and consumers urgently need new crop protection tools. Oerth Bio leverages Avinas’ PROTAC® (PROteolysis TArgeting Chimera) protein degrader technology to create innovative and sustainable agricultural products. Our proprietary Targeted Protein Degradation platform can sustainably solve major challenges facing the global food system.
Oerth Bio’s headquarters is located in vibrant downtown Durham, NC close to many shops, restaurants and public transportation. The holder of this position is not expected to travel significantly.
This position will be located Durham, NC. Oerthlings are strongly encouraged to be vaccinated and required to be vaccinated if they plan to work from the lab and/or office. Vaccinated employees should provide a copy of their vaccination card to Leanne Lemyre (email@example.com) so that this documentation is on file. If you have not been vaccinated, we ask that you work with your manager to arrange to work remotely until such time when you are vaccinated.
Oerth Bio, LLC is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws.