What You’ll Do
As Communications Intern you will bring your skills, energy, and organization to…
- Create and distribute engaging content such as photos, videos, and infographics, on social media platforms, to increase brand awareness
- Track social media engagement to identify high-performing ideas and campaigns for scalability
- Assist with the design and execution of social media campaigns
- Track and analyze trends on company pages: LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube
- Develop visual dashboard for website analytics, reporting monthly
- Write and submit awards applications, following submission guidelines precisely
- Develop media distribution list
- Conduct media outreach with speaker abstracts
- Assist with other activities as assigned
This role requires excellent communication and organizational skills. You will work in collaboration with the head of communication, demonstrating strong personal motivation and follow-through. You will be able to work independently, mostly remotely, and you thrive on a fast paced, collaborative, start-up environment.
You will gain valuable experience and skills preparing you for success in a communications career. You will learn social media tracking, analysis and insight reporting, content creation for key science topics, media dashboarding, media outreach, and writing for company awards submissions.
Plus, you’ll be making a difference in the future of agriculture and our mission to revolutionize agriculture for good.
Who You Are:
- You are working towards a Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, marketing, journalism or equivalent degrees
- 0-3 years experience
- Strong communication skills, including superior writing ability
- Fluency in LinkedIn and Twitter
- You have demonstrated competencies in time management, project management, interpersonal skills, Microsoft Office, and personal leadership.
- You exhibit drive, ambition, goal orientation and customer satisfaction.
- You are a team player that enjoys working closely with others.
- You speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- You communicate ideas effectively in group meetings.
- You are detail-oriented and possess excellent organizational skills.
Compensation and Benefits
- Duration of internship: June through August 2022
- This is an hourly position and pay will range between $15-20/hour.
- We have incredible people!
- We have built an amazing culture!
Why Oerth Bio?
Oerth Bio (pronounced "Earth"), a joint venture between Bayer and Arvinas, is a well-funded early-stage agricultural biotechnology company. The Oerth Bio team is on a mission to deliver an entirely new model for global crop chemistry, addressing one of the greatest challenges facing the world: sustainably feeding the growing global population.
Farmers and consumers urgently need new crop protection tools. Oerth Bio leverages Avinas’ PROTAC® (PROteolysis TArgeting Chimera) protein degrader technology to create innovative and sustainable agricultural products. Our proprietary Targeted Protein Degradation platform has the potential to solve major challenges facing the global food system.
Oerth Bio’s headquarters is located in vibrant downtown Durham, NC close to many shops, restaurants and public transportation. The holder of this position is not expected to travel significantly.
This position will be located Durham, NC. Oerthlings are strongly encouraged to be vaccinated and required to be vaccinated if they plan to work from the lab and/or office. Vaccinated employees should provide a copy of their vaccination card to Leanne Lemyre (firstname.lastname@example.org) so that this documentation is on file. If you have not been vaccinated, we ask that you work with your manager to arrange to work remotely until such time when you are vaccinated.
Oerth Bio, LLC is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws.