What You’ll Do?
As a Data Scientist Intern, you will serve Oerth Bio as an innovative, inquisitive, and motivated team player with strong problem-solving and analytical skills. In this role your focus will be (1) developing scripts to parse, analyze, and visualize different types of chemical biological datasets and/or (2) use machine learning for developing and applying structure-activity relationships and/or computer vision prediction models. In this position you will support the research efforts in the Data Science & Modeling Division, in close collaboration with the Chemistry and Biology teams.
This role requires excellent communication and organizational skills.
Who You Are:
- You are majoring in Data Science, Cheminformatics, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Computational Chemistry, or related.
- Coding skills: Python preferred
- Experience with cloud computing (GCP, AWS, etc) or cluster computing a plus
- You are a team player that enjoys working closely with others.
- You speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations.
- You communicate ideas effectively in group meetings.
- You are detail-oriented and possess excellent organizational skills.
Compensation and Benefits
- This is an hourly position and pay will range between $15-20/hour.
- We have snacks!
- We have incredible people!
- We have built an amazing culture!
Why Oerth Bio?
Oerth Bio (pronounced "Earth"), a joint venture between Bayer and Arvinas, is a well-funded early-stage agricultural biotechnology company. The Oerth Bio team is on a mission to deliver an entirely new model for global crop chemistry, addressing one of the greatest challenges facing the world: sustainably feeding the growing global population.
Farmers and consumers urgently need new crop protection tools. Oerth Bio leverages Avinas’ PROTAC® (PROteolysis TArgeting Chimera) protein degrader technology to create innovative and sustainable agricultural products. Our proprietary Targeted Protein Degradation platform has the potential to solve major challenges facing the global food system.
Oerth Bio’s headquarters is located in vibrant downtown Durham, NC close to many shops, restaurants and public transportation. The holder of this position is not expected to travel significantly.
This position will be located Durham, NC. Oerthlings are strongly encouraged to be vaccinated and required to be vaccinated if they plan to work from the lab and/or office. Vaccinated employees should provide a copy of their vaccination card to Leanne Lemyre (firstname.lastname@example.org) so that this documentation is on file. If you have not been vaccinated, we ask that you work with your manager to arrange to work remotely until such time when you are vaccinated.
Oerth Bio, LLC is proud to be an affirmative action / equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, creed, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws.